Black Faculty and Staff Umoja: Unity Scholarship
BFSU Mission: Black professionals seeking to improve, strengthen, and support our CCA community through creating collaborative environments that foster growth vital to our success.
BFSU Vision: We strive to improve, strengthen, and innovate CCA’s Black professional community.
Guiding principles for the UNITY scholarship:
- Umoja to strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation, and race.
- Umoja is a Kiswahili word meaning unity it is also one of the seven principles of Kwanzaa.
- In UNITY we support, value, and embrace our students of color.
- Through mentorship, scholarship support, and Inclusive Excellence we collectively uplift our students of color and their successes.
*Be Black male identified
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or above
- Have earned 18 college level credits
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits
Scholarship Recipient Expectations
- Engage with your BFSU mentors on a monthly basis
- Participate in at least 1 CCA event per term
- Be a member or join an affinity organization or other student led organization